Several of the rides in the book will take you past one of the most iconic building in the world, The Capitol. Here are some quick facts most people don’t know about this iconic building:
– The Capitol has its own subway.
– George Washington himself laid the cornerstone for the Capitol on September 18, 1793.
– The statue that sits atop the dome is called the Statue of Freedom.
– The Capitol Dome is made out of iron
– Lincoln was sworn in as president under a half-finished dome
– The actual dome we see today wasn’t added to the building until the 1850s