One of my favorite spins in the book takes us past one of Alexandria’s most visible monuments. The Washington Masonic Memorial. Here’s a few quick facts about this landmark building:
– The George Washington Masonic Memorial is a monument built by the Freemasons.
– The Memorial contains a Library, research facility and meeting space Masonic Lodges.
– The building’s design mimics the Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
– I took 10 years to complete the Memorial. Construction began in 1922 and it was dedicated in 1932.
– The memorial appeared in the National Treasure series of movies.